Page 1 Connect

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Lead Follow or Get Out Of the Way!

Tweet It!
I read that statement many years ago and it kinda stuck. I'm just reading a book that I'm struggling to put down. It's by Seth Godin entitled 'Tribes'. I will be reviewing it shortly so I won't discuss it in any depth here, but it's as close to a manifesto for Online Marketers as you'll ever find. It succinctly defines and reinforces my reasons for being Online, and if this Online malarkey (not a word I get to use very often!) is your cup of tea then you really need to read this simple yet profound little book.


There are a couple of dozen quotes that took my fancy but I quite like this one. It is based in the context of some tut tutting by some vacationers about him 'working' whilst on holiday. 


"Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you ought to set up a life that you don't need to escape from"


Ouch! I don't know about you, but that's an absolutely scary thought. The thought that holidays are an escape from the 95% of our life that are spent in the pursuit of paying the bills.

If anything in these blogs resonates, I'd welcome your comments and connection. Hope your life's unfolding as you'd like. Cheers Kiaran

No comments:

Post a Comment